Wednesday, March 20, 2013

She's Got Style: Mixed Media Canvas


Cat Girl Style Cat Girl Style 1 Cat Girl Style 2Cat Girl Style
I have always liked fashion illustrations. So, when I looked at my Brain Coral Stencil and my Ripples Stencil and realized that the size and patterns of the designs would look great on an outfit for one of my girls,  I couldn't wait to get started on this project.  The first thing I did was sketch out my girl and her obvious companion, a stylish cat.  I used Bristol paper, and graphite pencils to do the sketch work.  I then used a black pen to trace the lines of the Ripples Stencil on the jacket of my girl.  I traced the Brain Coral Stencil on the dress.  I started the coloring process with Inktense and colored pencils.      I continued adding color to the design using Inktense.  I cut out my girl and her cat and used matte medium to adhere them to my prepared background. Some of the supplies I used in my background are as follows: Stencils: Amiens, Ocean Waves, Cherry Blossom, and Seven Jewels. Silks Acrylic Glazes, white pens, gessowhite heavy body acrylic, bleeding tissue paper, gold paint pen, water soluble markers, and workable fixative. Tammy Dial Gray 

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!