Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Hope is in You: Intricate Doodle Tutorial

I enjoy making intricate doodles and I love the Cathedral Series Stencils so I decided to combine these two loves to create today's project.

Paris Cathedral Art Journal Page

Techniques for creating the Paris Cathedral Intricate Doodle: Paris Cathedral Stencil with pen for web (1280x867) 1. Trace the Paris Cathedral Stencil onto an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper using a black pen.  (I decided to use an 8.5" x 11" inch piece of paper so that I could easily print out copies of of my finished artwork to use for homemade calendars or other projects.)

Paris Cathedral Stencil colored for web (1280x857)

2. Color the page using water soluble pencils and blend the colors with a Sekura Koi WaterBrush.
3. Add doodles using black and white pens.
4. Finish the project by adding a title strip.  I made mine using Photoshop.  I used http://translate.google.com/ to translate my title into French to go with the Paris theme.

1 comment:

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!