Saturday, February 2, 2013

29 Faces 2.2.13

Here is my entry for day 2 of the 29 Faces challenge.  I am brand new to using Pan Pastels and I discovered there was a lot I liked about them including the ability to layer and blend and how fun they are to use with stencils.  

For this project I used Pan Pastels, Derwent Soft Pencils and the brand new Flower of Life Stencil from Artistcellar that was just released.  

On Wednesday, I will be sharing with you my first Design Team post for Artistcellar.  For the time being I am particpating in the 29 Faces in the month of February.  My goal is to do quick work in a variety of mediums to increase my experience and skill level.  Thank you for your support!

8 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work and good luck in the challenge! :) Lizzy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, you've done a great job! Love the background! You've inspired me to get my pan pastels out and try them again. I have some, but haven't done much with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just trying out the Pan Pastels. I got the portrait set of 20. I am loving them.

      Delete
  3. She is beautiful Tammy! I got hooked on pan pastels too. Soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will have to go check out your work with them as I am just learning to use them. :)

      Delete
  4. The background is such a great design ! I love the colouring of your lady's face and the details of her shirt . What colours did you use for her skin? I struggle with that. Thanks for joining and also for visiting my blog. Hope you have fun with this face challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee: I have been on a quest to find skin tone colors that work for me. I got the portrait set of 20 Pan Pastels and the colors I used came from that set. It sure is a relief to find some colors to work with that I like.

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!