Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quirky Birds Mini Book


"Quirky Birds" for Lifebook 2013. I used selected lyrics from Annie Lennox — Little Bird. This was so much fun! This is mixed media on watercolor paper. It folds like an accordion book.

The lyrics I picked start with the bird on the top left:
I look up to the little bird
That glides across the sky

But this little bird's fallen out of that nest now
I've got a feeling that it might have been blessed
So I've just got to put these wings to test

For I am just a troubled soul
Who's weighted...
Weighted to the ground
Give me the strength to carry on
Till I can lay this burden down

So I've just got to put these wings to test


Here are some close ups:




2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this! So well done. I love the different ways you did the text too. Playful, colourful, quirky and lovely words, it has all it needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was so much fun to make! I am grateful for your comment!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!