Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Having Fun With the Jane Girl's Stencil

untitled-7378 forwebWhat a thrill it is to get to work with the Jane Girls Series Stencils. They offer so many options. I have been playing with eye placement, curve of the lips, and hair styles. In this post I show what subtle differences can do to the look of a piece. I used the same colors and supplies in both 8"x 8" canvas pieces.
untitled-7381forweb

In this canvas, I have her eyes looking towards the viewer, have hair on both sides of the neck, have a more subtle background pattern and use a hair band all the way around the face.           In this canvas, the girl is looking more forward, her lips curl more upward, the hair is pulled back and on one side of her neck and the background pattern is more pronounced.

 For these projects I used:
  1. The 3-Quarter Stencil from the Jane Girls Series.
  2. The Star Coral stencil from the Coral Series.
  3. 8" x 8" Canvas
  4. Derwent Inktense Blocks
  5. Silks Acrylic Glazes
  6. Water soluble color pencils
  7. Sekura Koi WaterBrush
  8. Water soluble crayons
  9. White Gesso
Process:
Thank you for checking out my post.  I would love to see what you are doing with Artistcellar stencils. Tammy Dial Gray

3 comments:

  1. This is too cool! I'm going to have to get some of these! You are not a good influence on my pocketbook! LOL! Great tutorial, Bella Tam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had left a message on here, is there another post you did? But anywauy, like I said, these are awesome, really would like to win a set. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!