Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy Easter to You and Yours!

Jane Girl Happy Easter
 I have had so much fun with the Jane Girls Series Face stencil.  It has been amazing to see so many different styles of faces created with just this one stencil.

For this face, I have enlarged the eyes and stretched out the face some to create a more childlike appearance. I started this project by creating my face using colored pencils and black pens in my Strathmore Visual Journal - Mixed Media.  When I got the face colored and shaded the way I wanted it, I sprayed the page with workable fixative and set it aside to dry.

I painted 140lb watercolor paper using my Gelli Plate and craft paints and let it dry.  I used heavy body white acrylic paint and the Rouen Cathedral Series Stencil and the Tortoise Japanese Geometric Series to stencil over the paint page.

 I cut around the Jane Girl that I had set aside to dry and then used matte medium to collage her onto the page.  I used a dry brush to add some yellow and turquoise craft paints to the page to add interest.  I scanned my page and then added the sentiment using my computer.

I hope this Easter is full of joy, peace, and grace for you and yours! Tammy Dial Gray
  Artistcellar and www.facebook.com/ArtistTammyDialGray    

4 comments:

  1. She is really cute. I love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Blessed easter to you too! Looks like you're having fun with these stencils! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am enjoying the stencils. Thank you for the Easter Blessing, Patsy!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!