Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Creating and Using a Color Wheel with Silks Acrylic Glazes


Tag Sampler  
Creating a Color Wheel With Silks Acrylic Glazes
Creating a Color Wheel with Silks Acrylic Glazes
I am passionate about Silks Acrylic Glazes. I can get sheer gorgeous color and shimmer with one coat or use more than one layer to achieve opaque brilliant shimmery colors. In this article I illustrate how easy it is to use color theory, create tint and shades with these beautiful paints.  
Once you have decided what colors you want to use for your Silks Acrylic Glaze Color Wheel, you can start trying out different color theories. I decided to use tags as they are small and easy to experiment with. Here are a few illustrations.

Spit-Complementary Colors
Using A Color Wheel With Silks Acrylic Glazes & a Tag

Complimentary Colors
Silks Acrylic Glazes, Girls Night Tag
Spit-Complementary Colors April Showers Tag
Silks Acrylic Glazes & April Showers Tag

For my tags I also used the following Artistcellar Products:



You can get your own free color wheel template here.  I printed mine on Bristol Board Smooth Paper.
Making Stamps from Stencils
Tutorial: Making Stamps from Stencils
Silk Spray Paint Tutorial (791x1024)
Tutorial: Making Spray Paints with Silks Acrylic Glazes

Thank you for stopping by.  I am always grateful for your comments.


 Please "like" my artist page at: www.facebook.com/ArtistTammyDialGray  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!