Thursday, January 24, 2013

Whirlwind of Dreams and Opportunities

Since the Design Team announcement for Artistcellar, I have been quietly working on my pieces for my weekly contributions to their site.  I will have posts up both on their site and on my blog every Wednesday starting the first week in February.  I am utilizing their amazing collection of exclusive stencils.  Similar to the way I have used them in the background of this piece and each of my posts includes a tutorial.



At the same time, I started teaching Intricate Doodles at The Doris an art gallery in my town.  For the Intricate Doodles class, I am working to create a greater variety of colored pieces to teach my students how to use color in their work.  Both of these projects take time.  An intricate doodle like this one takes me about 15 hours.


I thought that the opportunity to teach and to work for Artistcellar was exciting enough and then The Doris requested that I submit pieces for a gallery show they are doing this weekend and for the month of February at the Florida Community Design Center in the Chamber of Commerce Building.  So, for the first time in my adult life, I have three art pieces in a gallery show.

The show opens with Artwalk this Friday night.  I am in the amazing company of the Artists' in Residence at The Doris and some of the other art teachers like my beautiful friend and Mosaic Artist Limor Ben-Naim Herb.  

As I spoke with Turbado Marabou, one of the incredible Artists In Residence at The Doris, he expressed interest in the Artistcellar stencils.  It was a surreal moment as my online art world and my local art world came together.  I will be sharing with Turbado the amazing line of Artistcellar stencils and I hope to discover his methods for using them in his work.

To say that I am amazed that all of this is happening at once is an understatement.  I am also extremely grateful for each of these opportunities to express myself through my art.  So, while I might be more quiet than normal, I am in my studio working away and bursting with excitement that I am able to participate in the art world both locally and online.  I am immensely grateful for your generous support.


6 comments:

  1. so very very excited for you!! Amazed at His goodness and grace! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, this is gorgeous. As for the more quiet than usual, that is totally beyond acceptable afterall, you are getting are out there honey, not just "talking" about art. I know that social media seems to be my biggest asset and yet biggest time waster at the same time. Check in when you are able :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, you deserve it all! You work hard and you deserve to play hard. I'm so honored to know you and even more thrilled to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love the intricate doodle. You're so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy and excited to see all the amazing work spilling out of you! :) Your art and talents are opening doors, that will lead to even more; I'm glad we get to be spectators! It's wonderful Bella Tam!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!