Thursday, May 30, 2013

"Hibiscus" Twinks on Yupo

"Hibiscus" Twinkling H2O's on Yupo
I recently took Twinks on Yupo a course by Jodi Ohl. I learned about using the amazing substrate of Yupo paper.  Jodi shares many tips and tricks in the class.
For this piece, I mixed together Golden's Tar Gel and Self Leveling Gel and put it in a small bottle that I was able to "draw" the main shape of the hibiscus with.  After that layer was dry, I painted the page using Twinkling H2O watercolor paints which are made by Luminarte.  When the paint layers were completely dry I used a damp paper towel and the Sea Foam Stencil from the Water Series and wiped away the paint leaving the circles in the background of the piece.    Finally, I used my Faber-Castell Pitt Pen: Artist Four-Pen Set and doodled all around the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you very much!